Exhibit One: Mabel Pines
* Her name is Mabel.
* It rhymes with table.
* It also rhymes with glable.
* It also rhymes with... schmabel?
* She's my second-ever girl character here, from Disney's Gravity Falls
* Together, they are the Mystery Twins!
* Yes, Mabel came up with the name.
* She likes puppies, knitting her own sweaters, arts and crafts, kitties, glitter, bedazzling anything she possibly can, singing karaoke, shameless 80s and 90s nostalgia, dancing, making friends, adventure, grappling hooks, boys, her pet pig Waddles, sunshine, and joy.
* She's currently rooming with that_oldsaying because they are bestie dorks together.
* She was from post-canon, and then Steve and I agreed she and Dipper are actually mostly from mid-season-two. If and when we leap into canon again, we'll explain that. It'll be great, and saves us from that Jossing we had been bracing ourselves for.
* We're still totally prepared to get So Jossed.
* She will never let her brother live down that one time he raised the dead.
* IT WAS THE ONE THING SHE ASKED YOU NOT TO DO, DIPPER.
Exhibit Two: Jonothon Starsmore
[FREAKING AWESOME gif by this guy over here!]
* Another guy with powers from the Marvel 616 universe. Once upon a time, that used to be my go-to character type. He's from a good chunk of X-Men related books, starting with Generation X, moving along into Uncanny X-Men, and settling most recently in Wolverine & the X-Men and X-Men Legacy. I'll be honest and say I have NO idea what his current comic canon status is since the big shuffle. I haven't heard of any cameos, so I'm assuming he probably didn't make the cut.
* Currently, FH's Jono is from just before Marvel's Avengers Vs. X-Men event, which was... definitely a thing that happened! I'll probably have him wander in to a canon catchup sometime soon just so that he's no longer a member of an endangered species.
* Pseudo-owner of the Boards, the theatre in town, though he's passed managerial duties on to bluhblahbluh. Owner and manager of Groovy Tunes, the music store, which he has an apartment above that he doesn't really live in anymore.
* Usually, he's a teacher, but this semester he's taking something of a break because I don't have as much weekday availability as I once had. He'll probably be back to teach again in the summer!
* So, he kind of got himself engaged to never_dull over the break? Llwyden and I didn't see that coming, it was just supposed to be a stupid Christmas present post, but these two tend to blindside us pretty often. Like, you know, with the whole Jonnibal ship in the first place.
* IT WORKS SOMEHOW, DON'T JUDGE US.
* He knows music. He knows music better than you. All the music. All of it.
* He also speaks with a British accent that has mellowed out some after nearly a decade spent in America. I have decided that it gets more Cockney the drunker he gets (riding other people's buzz telepathically, of course).
* Perpetually on fire from the mouth to the bellybutton. He has some pretty nasty burn scars on his face to go with that, but the fire, at least, he tends to cover up with leather wrappings while he's on the island. Off-island or when he's feeling especially brave lately, he's taken to going around without the bandages on. I'll usually try to show which is which with his icons, but the narrative should clarify anyway.
* The fire means, unfortunately, that he can't eat. Can't speak aloud. Can't kiss. He makes up for the not talking thing by speaking telepathically. With a British accent. Snarkily.
* He uses crazy quotation marks to denote that he's talking telepathically. I can't be bothered to italicize everything or put it into his comic book teal font colour, so I just write his text //like this.// Why //like this?// Because I was going to use italics when I started playing him, but decided to be lazy and chickened out at the last second before his first thread ever.
* Far more of a woobie than he'll ever let on. Honest.
* He has a bit of an aura. You know. One of those huge, sprawling, technicolour ones, which you're welcome to see if you have a character who is aura-sensitive.
* And he's kinda stinky. That sort of burning tires smell that you'd expect from a dude who has been on fire for pretty much a third of his life. Less kind people in canon have compared his scent to burning garbage or sulfur.
* He doesn't much look like a guy that's dancing around the neighbourhood of thirty, these days, or even a guy who has two extra lifetimes crammed into his mind so that he feels about twice that. Age of X went and gave him a(nother) physical reboot, so he looks like he's plunking around in a body that's somewhere in its early twenties. He used to be the huge blue guy over at apocalipped.
Exhibit Three: Sparkle
* He's from a canon you probably don't know by the name of Habitat. It's a play written by the Canadian playwright, Judith Thompson.
* Judith Thompson is a NATIONAL TREASURE but her plays will pretty much destroy you emotionally.
* This also makes him my only character that is blatantly Canadian. Yes, I have fun with this. Yes, he bitches about the imperial measurement system and the lack of Coke with sugar in it a lot.
* He likes singing loudly, lying blatantly, smoking, drinking, doing pot, breaking into people's homes and stealing useless crap, lighting things on fire...
* Sparkle has problems. Perhaps you could tell.
* This is because he came directly to the island from a group home in Toronto, after a pretty rough life beforehand. You will never get to learn much about that life beforehand, except that it sucked, and he's not a stranger to sitting on the wrong side of the law or living on the street.
* This is because of that lying blatantly part. One minute, he'll tell you he killed his parents, the next he'll make up some elaborate story about domestic abuse that might or might not be the whole truth. He will almost always end up laughing in your face if you act like you believe him.
* He cares more about how his nails look than you do. Trust me.
* And he's gay. And has this tendency to fall for people that he really shouldn't fall for. He will deny both things vehemently. Unless he's fallen for you, in which case there will be some measure of obsessing.
* He also likes older men. This... hasn't worked out for him so well, recently. He went through his canon in the fall and now he's living back on the island with suitablyheroic. They're delightfully dysfunctional platonic besties together.
* He's, ah, also never going back to Toronto because he kind of torched that group home he used to live in. Long story.
* Anyway, he runs the Demon Marcus (formerly the Pixie Dust), the clothing store in town. He gives away jobs and winter clothing like candy, because he hates seeing people go cold or hungry. If you're interested in either, stop by the shop on his Sunday shifts, or give me a poke OOCly and we'll see what can be arranged!
Exhibit Four: Me!
* That would be me, Shannon, collector of super-powered social rejects, wearer of mismatched socks, ex-supervisor of animated vomit.
* Escaped the Disney life, once again owned by Warner Brothers.
* Lives on the East Coast of Canada, in that weird Atlantic timezone that most of you deny is a real thing.
* Works in the animation industry! I've done outsource work on stuff for the BBC and Disney. Right now, I'm back with the Bunny, doing character animation on Teen Titans Go!
* Yeah, I'm still awestruck about that. People see animation I made on Saturday mornings and I CANNOT DEAL.
* Are Saturday morning cartoons even still a thing? I'm old.
* This also means that my availability is prone to shift around according to what madness lies in wait for me over in the animation mines. While I'm no longer supervising effects animation on Pickle and Peanut, Titans has been in a constant state of crunch-time and promises to be until, like, April. Hence me dropping Elsa this semester.
* I let her go.
* And I'm totally shameless enough to make that joke, too.
* Loves meeting people! If you ever want to thread or plot, ping me. I can be reached on AIM via raspberryturk, twitter at Shammens, and e-mail at shannon.perry3d (at) gmail (dot) com. -- Since Twitter and AIM aren't so much a thing at work, the e-mail will get you the fastest reply during the week, though.
* Star Wars has eaten my brain, and I'm not sure how that happened because I grew up in a Trekkie household.
* Careful, I bite.
* Not really.
* Unless you ask politely.